2018 IOT Auditions
Registration Closed. 2018 Audition Slots Filled.
Saturday, January 13, 2018
Each January, the Institute of Outdoor Theatre hosts auditions for summer and outdoor theatres looking to cast acting, singing, dancing and stage combat positions. Interviews are also available for technical positions and internship opportunities.
Pre-registration is required for all performers and technicians.
All registrations must be completed online via SETC’s registration portal.
Download this packet for complete details and step-by-step instructions.
Registration Opens: Dec. 6, 2017 at Noon ET
Registration Deadline: Dec. 20, 2017 at Noon ET *
Registration Fee: $50
* or until available audition slots are filled
To participate, auditionees must:
- be at least 18 years old by Dec. 1, 2017
- have previous training and experience in theatre
- be available for the entire summer season or beyond
- obtain one reference from a director or professor using the online application process
Individuals with disabilities should contact firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Dec. 11 if special accommodations are required.
Greensboro College | Odell Auditorium
815 West Market St | Greensboro, NC
Parking: Use lots B and C on either side of the Odell Building indicated on the Campus Map (link below)
Each January, the Institute of Outdoor Theatre conducts auditions for summer and outdoor theatres including acting, singing, dance and stage combat auditions. Interviews are also available for technical positions and internship opportunities. The 2018 auditions will be held on Saturday, January 13, 2018, at Greensboro College in Greensboro, NC.
For the 2018 auditions, both outdoor and indoor theatres should download the following materials for registration. For more information or assistance, contact April Marshall, email@example.com.
Return Completed Forms by: Dec. 20, 2017 at Noon ETCompany Registration Forms
The following companies have registered to participate in the 2018 IOT Auditions. Details and casting needs are provided by the companies and are subject to change. This list will be updated as additional companies register and provide hiring details.
- Horn in the West | Weekly Salary: Not Provided | Looking to Hire: 35 Actors; 5 Singers; 12 Dancers; 10 Tech Positions
- Lost Colony | Weekly Salary: $200 – $500 | Looking to Hire: 22 Actors; 8 Singers; 8 Dancers; 10 Tech Positions
- Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire | Weekly Salary: Starting @ $275 | Looking to Hire: 30 Actors; 10 Singers; 5 Tech Positions
- Pioneer Playhouse | Weekly Salary: $150 – $300 | Looking to Hire: 7 Actors; 4 Tech Positions
- Snow Camp Outdoor Theatre | Weekly Salary: $125 – $225 | Looking to Hire: 12 Actors; 3 Tech Positions
- Tecumseh! | Weekly Salary: $230 – $600 | Looking to Hire: 50 Actors; 12 Tech Positions
- Tent Theatre (@Missouri State University) | Weekly Salary: $300 | Looking to Hire: 12 Tech Positions
- Tweetsie Railroad | Weekly Salary: Not Provided | Looking to Hire: Details Not Provided
- Unto These Hills (Cherokee Historical Org.) | Weekly Salary: $250 – $450 | Looking to Hire: 10 Actors; 5 Singers; 10 Dancers; 5 Tech Positions